Monday, May 12, 2014

Ships and Beach



































Amidst the flurry of activity and travel around my birthday, I didn't get a chance to sit and think about the new year ahead of me.  I think of birthdays much like people think of New Years.  An opportunity to make delicious lists!  Of course.  Lists of things I want to do, try, accomplish.  A list of foods I want to try and make or bake.  A list of  places I want to visit.  A list of crafts I want to attempt.  A list of movies I want to see, music I want to try out.  There are other goals, too--weight I want to lose, pants I want to fit into.  Hair that should be trimmed and nails that should be grown out.  Today's task is to design a pattern for my monthly journal/calender.  It'll be a place for me to put all of the above lists.  I'm thinking horizontal navy stripes--like the ones I see in almost every window here in Newport.  Seems very nautical. 

Mother's Day was a sweet day.  We took Papa down to the ships, made cinnamon rolls, bought a new plant (Italian Heather--such beautiful pink), checked out the beach and got a lot of sun.  A lot.  So much that I had to take a nap.  In my bed.  With the sunshine streaming in.  Let me tell you, those are the types of naps people drool over.  Actually, maybe the drooling was just me.  In any case, it was a lovely day.

Madeleine is watching Peter Pan, one of her favorites when William isn't awake to demand Batman.  William is still snoozing--my little sleeper!  We have ships and beach on the agenda.  I'll apologize now--you're going to see a lot of both during our two months here.  A lot of them!