Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pink and Grey



I saw this pink and grey marbled paper the last time I was at Paper Source.  And fell in love.  I don't know how I had missed it before.  But, it's been the perfect inspiration for paper goodies lately--coming to my shop very soon.  Spring--that mischievous season that keeps teasing us here in Philly.  The Witch Hazel and the Snow Drops have all sprung to action despite the snow.  It's getting tough--it takes so much energy to put us all in the winter gear required for long walks.  I feel daunted just at the thought--snow pants, mittens, boots, scarves.  I'm craving warmth.  I'm craving that fresh, earthy, scent of spring.  I ache for the colors of daffodils, cherry blossoms, dogwoods, crocuses.

While I wait, somewhat impatiently, I'm continuing my blissful relationship with butter and flour.  In the past two weeks, I've made soft Philly-style pretzels, lavender shortbread, honeyed dinner rolls, and a tropical dark chocolate cookie.  For us creative types, it's always a bit interesting to see where the energy is flowing during the course of the year.  I find myself baking.  A lot.  And writing letters.  Let me know if you're looking for some snail mail!

XOXO,
Julia


No comments: