Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Shortbread




Hello, lovies!  Today has been a spectacular symphony of Crazy.  Crazy with a capital "C". Let's just say I've relocated the Desitin to a high shelf and permanently altered the locking mechanism in the bathroom.  I've written "survive" on my To Do List.  Miraculously, we've done so thus far.  When I feel my feeble grasp of dignity start to slip I bake.  Preferably with lots of butter and flour.  I'll make soup.  Bread.  And cookies.  I used to make cookies for my neighbors--speedily delivering them in an effort not to eat them all myself.  I divide the shortbread recipe (1 C butter, 1 C sugar, 2 C flour, 1/4 t salt) into three sections and experiment with flavors.  I love using loose leaf tea.  I'll make Earl Grey and white chocolate cookies.  Orange Coconut Focus Tea (chocolate matte) cookies.  Cranberry Roibos cookies.  It's so much fun!

So, the butter is softening on my counter.  The oven set for 350!  Time to bake some bliss into my dismal day!

No comments: