Tuesday, June 4, 2013

One












Today, my baby girl turned one.  A year old!  Where in the world did the time go?  We celebrated with a walk in the park and cupcakes.  She was a little unsure about the whole candle thing.  And frosting.  Just meant more for me and Papa.  Gosh, I love cream cheese frosting!  I put her in a dress I bought over five years ago, cruising through the sale racks at Old Navy with my sister.  She was just a figment of my imagination then.  But, for some reason, I help onto the little summer dress.  White.  Simple.  So sweet.  A dream.  She was my dream.

Madeleine is a sweetheart.  I realize, coming from her mother, that doesn't sound too surprising.  But, then you meet her.  She warms up quick to people and makes you feel all melty inside with her generous smiles.  She's starting to wave at us--a great backwards wave--and crawls so fast I can barely keep up.  Her favorite foods are cheddar cheese and olives.  Bonkers.  And has already mastered the sippy cup.  And adores her brother.  Regardless of the fact that the feeling is less than mutual.

Come visit!  I'll introduce you to her!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Madeline! And happy mama day, Julia!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

sounds (and looks) like a perfect first birthday! your family is just too darn adorable :)

Cindy said...

happy first birthday, i agree with krissy, your family is too darn adorable! enjoy your weekend. xo, c