Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Holiday Goody Bags








We've been living in this apartment building for two and a half years now.  Over the course of time our neighbors have become friends, the staff have become family.  Our leasing manager drove me to the hospital when I went into labor with Madeleine.  William's first word was "Bert", our beloved doorman.  We have a bizarre number of adopted relatives, loving on our wee little family, watching them grow up, and caring for me as I tackle motherhood.  So, to show my appreciation, I made little holiday goody bags for them.  I baked the cinnamon ornaments a month ago and the double chocolate chip cookies this morning.  I wrapped the cookies up in wax paper, slipped in our Christmas card (each of our silhouettes), and sealed up the package.  I used silver twine for the ornaments and heavy cream labels for the final touch.  Each goody bag was delivered, carefully hung on their door knob, this afternoon! 

1 comment:

Victoria Strauser said...

Such "sweet" and thoughtful gift! Blessed to live in a place with people around you that love & support you.