Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spring has arrived





During our last ice storm the crab apple tree outside our window lost a large limb. My mother, ever the clever one, suggested cutting some of the smaller branches and forcing the blossoms. I really had no idea what I was doing and had no idea of the outcome--but I cut enough to fill three vases and waited. And waited. And waited some more. I honestly thought I had ugly branches stuck in water all over my apartment. Then last week the buds started to open and yesterday the blossoms appeared! Spring has arrived!

8 comments:

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

that's amazing, Julia. the prize for patience! lovely! xo

Joyce said...

Beautiful!! I would have never thought to do this. Enjoy the spring indoors. xo

Poke Salad Annie said...

oh how lovely! spring seems so far away in my world. i am envious.

Unknown said...

Ahhh, that looks so pretty! Good salvation work! xxxxxxxxxxx

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

Those flowers are so dreamy. I've never seen a crab apple tree before. Very delicate. It reminds me of a dogwood.

Victoria Strauser said...

Gorgeous!!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

way to be! I love it!

Lynette said...

What a good idea. So pretty and so needed right now :)