Monday, January 17, 2011
The Trusty List
So, lacking the skills to organize my thoughts in a coherent fashion this morning, I'm going to rely on the trusty List function! My Monday morning thoughts:
1. I went on a Me Date yesterday and saw The King's Speech--absolutely marvelous film. The humor, the dialog, the history, the cinematography were all beyond excellent.
2. I totally destroyed two old pillows from my bedroom and used the filling for two new tapestry cushions for my couch. Not sure if you're supposed to do that, but I did. They turned out... lumpy, but nice.
3. New Years resolution #37: try to take a photograph a day. Then use them in blog posts! See above.
4. Icebox Shortbread is delicious and versatile: 2 Cups flour, 1 Cup sugar, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of vanilla, 2 sticks of butter. Combine with anything that sounds yummy (like orange zest and cranberries or cocoa powder and almonds--see above). Bake at 350 for approximately 12 minutes. Delicious!
5. Baby Otter has: two teeth, the ability to sit on his own, knack for giggling at his mama for absolutely no reason other than she looks funny.