Monday, March 3, 2008

Milwaukee

Due to amiable weather this weekend we seized the moment and went on a small road trip. To Milwaukee! I know, I know, the mind reals! Milwaukee, home of the Brewers and brats, right? I have to admit, I thought "Wisconsin hickville" at first, but am thrilled to confess that I was very, very wrong! Milwaukee hosts a number of cultural institutions and artistic outlets along with great museums, a historic district that makes you swoon, and fabulous "green" personality.

Sidenote: take a peek at Susie's great pictures here: ArtKitten's blog

We went with some friends who helped us navigate to the Milwaukee Art Museum. If you've never been you must go! Take a peek at the building :) After the museum, we went down to their Historic district in search for Broadway Paper!







My friend Susie and I literally gasped when we walked into the store. It's paper heaven! Filled to the brim with luscious flat papers in every design and texture, ribbon, letterpress cards, stock paper in every color under heaven, folders, organizers, journals, pens, and so much more. I can't remember how long we spent there bumping into one another with "Ooohhs" and "Aahhhhs" and "Did you see this?" but it was the best hour or two! Our poor husbands! After emptying our coffers on paper and paper clips and ribbon, we fetched our husbands from their coffee shop/refuge, and went to Bean & Barley! It was so yummy!

We got back late, but oh so satisfied!

3 comments:

Art Kitten said...

I love your photo's of Broadway Paper! It was such a blast, we need to do it again sometime!

Unknown said...

that store looks fantastic {and i love the light fixtures in that first photo!}

i wish we had some pretty paper stores in toronto. there are a few, but i think i'm going to have to go on a mission to find some better ones out where i am. walmart and michaels just aren't doin it for me. (sorry guys!)

RittenhouseBags said...

What an awesome store!