Monday, February 4, 2008

Duncan Valentine



Here's the beginnings of my Duncan Valentine. I'm trying to create a small digital valentine for my shop. Duncan is the name of our dog. Well, the dog we're going to have in five years when we have a house of our own and Andrew says "Yes, dear, that's an excellent idea!" Right now, the apartment is too small and Andrew's stock reply is "Aren't you allergic?" I might be. But, we don't know if I'm allergic to Scottish Terriers. They're a short haired dog and athletic enough to go for walks with me everyday. My ideal dog!

I've been wanting to write a personal entry for weeks now. I seem to be pretty up to date on showing you what's new in my shop, but little about what's happening behind the scenes. January was packed! Trips, school, Red Otter stuffs, and a huge push toward figuring out what's next for me. Andrew still has two years of Law School left, so I know I'll be here in Madison long enough to get involved in the community. I've moved almost every year since I graduated college, so staying in one location for three years is something new for me.

I'm in one of those strange transitions right now. I can feel it. I'm fidgety. Anxious. I know that there are things about my life that need to change, simply so I can be a healthier individual. Presently I work from home, which is bliss, on most days. But lately, I've begun to see that it might be better to have a solid reason to get out more. I went for my yearly check-up last month and my doctor looked at me and said "You need to get out more!" Me, the hermit!

So, here I am, looking at February, recognizing that I'm in the middle of a transition, but still trying to figure out where it will take me! I'll try and keep you posted!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

duncan is such a perfect name for a little scottie dog.

jewels, i think that february is an ideal month for reflection, change and metamorphosis. new years resolutions have had time to cool down from their january hype and people have a better (and more realistic!) perspective on who they are, what they want, and where they're headed.

take a deep breath, and jump in!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

"I am caterpillar. The leaves I eat taste bitter. But dimly I sense a great change coming. What I offer you humans is my willingness to dissolve and transform. I do that without knowing what the end-result will be" -Joanna Macy

Join me on my tree branch and spin your cocoon. Dwell creatively in your cocoon. The transformation may take a short time or may take longer, but in the end you will emerge anew, transformed into something you might not be able to conceive right now.

High Desert Diva said...

That's so cute to have your dog named already!

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

So sweet...growing up, we had a scottie dog and I've been in love with them ever since. My mom has a wonderful collection of little scottie finds.
Love the name...duncan...so cute for a scottie.