Monday, November 3, 2014

Tiverton












Tiverton, Rhode Island.  We traveled over to the small town a few weekends ago to see the sites.  Sunday mornings are pretty quiet.  We found a small cafe with delicious cinnamon rolls and fresh hot coffee.  Across the street there was a small outdoor exhibit--iron works!  Add a few pumpkins and a vintage green truck--it was a sweet little outing.

Not only is Tiverton fun to say (it's the "v" I think)--it's one of those quintessential New England towns you dream about when you grow up in the plains of the midwest.  I think I painted this town when I was in 4H in Oklahoma--red maple trees, white clapboard churches, cafes full of locals.

I think we're going to try and continue our little weekend adventures off island.  Checking out other towns and nooks in Rhode Island!

1 comment:

Victoria Strauser said...

Oh I love this! I love that old truck ( we have an old International pickup ourselves!) I love your reflection in it, and I love the thought of exploring quaint little towns!