Sunday, May 1, 2011
These vibrant beauties are all over Chestnut Hill! God bless the azalea!
Birthdays are like personal New Years to me--mine was yesterday. They are a time to reflect on the year gone by and dream about the year ahead. Because I'm feeling less than eloquent this morning, I will rely on my handy lists this morning!
Things I've learned this year:
1. I'm much stronger than I thought!
2. Having a baby has changed the very core of me--I can't describe it nor can I deny it.
3. Love must be cultivated, nurtured and respected.
4. We are fickle beings but there are things that are constant. Family being one of them.
5. I believe. I believe in myself, I believe in unconditional love, I believe in the power of kind words, a soft touch and forgiveness. I believe in a spiritual essence in all that is about me.
Dreams for the coming year:
1. I crave spiritual understanding and will try to cultivate that.
2. I want to make yoga more of daily practice.
3. I want to try and understand my quick temper and figure out a better way to vent.
4. I want to stretch my definition of love and "falling in love" and all that lies between.
5. I want to try and enjoy the moment, those precious moments, with William--for they are so fleeting!
Definitely more abstract in nature--but I'm really looking forward to the coming year and all that it holds. I'm almost positive that my therapist thinks I'm still in recovery from the major life changes I have survived this year--so I'm trying to be kind to myself. It's so hard for me to be present in my daily life as I'm perpetually thinking of what's next--it's that incessant "productive, productive, productive" nature of mine. But, it's good when I am present. It's a very sensual experience--the world interacting with me. And I understand more and more how important being nurtured that way is for me. I'm a sensual being. I mean that more in a "senses" way--not so much the "sexy" way--though I am that too. I never would have though that this past year would have held so much! Thank you for walking through it with me!