We have another incredible artist and writer for our Self Portrait Project today! The beautiful Tina from Luphia Loves has put together her favorite and most special items for us. Thank you, darling, this is such a wonderful portrait! By the way, have you guys checked out her prints over here lately?
1. The letters from my best friend "Jason" in childhood sweetheart), where I lived till 13. After that we kept in contact through writing for 3 year until moving to e-mails. I have to say I prefer the letters :) (I gave him the English name Jason & he was also kinda my
2. From my 1st year at University, my friend painted these amazing Chinese landscape scenes on this plain fan for fun (she's so talented!) and I asked if I could have it. It reminds me of my first year which is my best year at Uni.
3. My early year book from Year 8, since I was leaving the country I asked my classmates to do my year book early, I also use it to store photos, notes etc. from that time too.
4. A empty biscuit tin from Prague, where I went on holiday with my boyfriend for my 21st Birthday, I had an amazing time. Prague is such a beautiful city and the weather was glorious!
5. A gold necklace of my chinese name in Arabic, from the brief time (4 months) I lived in Saudi Arabia with my mum & step-dad before coming to the UK. It was such an amazing experience & it was nothing like I imagined. I absolutely loved every minute there, even though I was totally shy as I didn't speak much English.
6. My only Tiffany jewelry from my lovely boyfriend J for our 2nd "anniversary".
7. A jade pendant with the Chinese character "happiness/blessing" in the middle, this is actually my grandma's but I loved it so much she gave it to me :)
8. A pin with "Tina" on it, I bought it from
It was really hard to choose these items as I keep anything with memories attached to it, so I'm sure my pile will just keep grow and grow!
Thanks Julia for having me today! xx