Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Favorites



one: i think it's time from whileshenaps
two: algae yarn from larimeloom
three: garry street necklace from paperandglue
four: hip pocket from jennyndesign

It's Friday and I'm itching to bugger out for the weekend! I get to head home for some serious apple sauce making with my mom and sisters. It'll be a proper Goozen girl weekend! I don't remember the last time such an event happened, usually we're towing our boys :) I'll try and remember to take a few photos.

So, my good friend Fiona just tagged me yesterday (THANK YOU heaps, darling, I appreciate you and your creativity so much). And she pioneered her contrary version of this diddy on her blog, so I'm going to do my own version in the spirit of her contrary style (it's just a wee bit shorter).

You can only answer in one word

1. Your cell phone? Dying
2. Where is your significant other? Showering
4. Your mother? Kind
5. Your father? Geek
6. Your favourite thing? Coziness
7. Your dream last night? Crayons
8. Your dream/goal? Awareness (stole from Fiona)
11. Your fear? Fear
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Pregnant
13. Where were you last night? Downtown
18. What are you wearing? Boots
19. Your TV? Unplugged
22. Your mood? Interested
23. Missing someone? Will be (cheating)
24. Your car? Clunking
25. Something you're not wearing? Attitude
27. Your summer? Gone-too-fast
28. Love someone? Yah-huh
29. Your favorite color? Red
30. When is the last time you laughed? Yesterday
31. Last time you cried? Wednesday

I'm not going to tag anyone else, but, just for hoots and giggles, if you wanted to write your own version of the list I would LOVE to read it :) There are so many of you that I've had the priviledge of getting to know. You inspire me with your insight, your beauty and your character! Thank you (you know who you are)! By the way, thank you for all of you who let me in on what personality type you were! I love knowing about these things. I'm a INFJ through and through!

Have a wonderful weekend, sending you heaps of love!

XOXO

21 comments:

Rachel said...

That yarn is gorgeous. It has me thinking I really should learn to knit, because I don't think crocheting would do it justice. Have a fun girls' weekend in the kitchen!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

I'm in love with that yarn, but alas, should not spend one more cent on yard this fall! I've been very bad :)
Hope you have a fantastic weekend with the gals!

Loved your answers...

Joslyn said...

have a great weekend...i'm swooning over those pieces from while she naps. great find!
xo

Callie Grayson said...

fun list!
the yarn is beautiful, i have been hooking (crochet) a lot lately and my eye went right for that yarn!!

have an amazing weekend, sounds like you will be having fun.
callie

heidi said...

hoping your weekend brings you more #30's from the list...
xoh

Amber said...

What fun! Have a wonderful girls weekend!

My mom and I have big shopping and sorting through my old things plans while the guys take the boat out one last time for fishing.

Safe travels!

please sir said...

Lovely - you always have the best picks!

Karen said...

Beautiful picks, as always.

This list is fun :) I think I might do this on my blog...

Jessie Cacciola said...

great picks! p.s. thanks so much for your well wishes on my midterms! xo

●• Thereza said...

awww i love number 1! the little owls are just delightful :)
and your one word answers... oh my... great! have a lovely weekend sweet julia.

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

Perfect picks my friend. I loooove all girl days...have fun with your mom and sis.

I'm hoping to get to the personality test this weekend...was just too swamped this week. Love reading your one word responses. My favorite: #12...a little Jr. Julia-love that idea!

Have a great one.

dojski said...

All the best on your family weekend. =)

SimplyGrove said...

Have a fun weekend!! What a fun list that was:)

tyler said...

smitten with the 'while she naps' work. lovely finds. and the list cracked me up. very clever. i might just pass it along. enjoy your nourishing weekend with mom and sis'.

littlebyrd said...

Oh boy, I've missed coming here! What a great list. In particular: not wearing: Attitude and favorite thing: Coziness. Love!

Anonymous said...

Even though I've been tagged a zillion times lately...I'm going to this one day this week. This one looks fun!

I love that yarn, it's beautiful :)

picciolo said...

hope you had a good weekend making apple sauce with your family!
: )

Laura said...

Great finds! I love that necklace, there is always something satisfying about playing with buttons.

Unknown said...

i'd taken that personality test a few years ago, and found out that i'm a bad-to-the-bone INFJ too :)

Cindy said...

whileshenaps makes the most incredible pieces. i love your list! dreaming of crayons is interesting and hope no. 12 comes true.

Unknown said...

1. Your cell phone? Dead
2. Where is your significant other? MIA
4. Your mother? Teaching
5. Your father? Retired
6. Your favourite thing? Sugar
7. Your dream last night? XXX
8. Your dream/goal? Seychelles
11. Your fear? Falling
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Seychelles
13. Where were you last night? Home
18. What are you wearing? Black
19. Your TV? Old
22. Your mood? Sassy
23. Missing someone? The boys (my neighbor's cats; she moved a few weeks ago)
24. Your car? Always in the shop (I've never owned a car!)
25. Something you're not wearing? Ring
27. Your summer? Blur
28. Love someone? Yes
29. Your favorite color? Red
30. When is the last time you laughed? Lunch, today
31. Last time you cried? This morning, off a PBS commercial!