Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Follow what you love...

"Follow what you love, and it will take you where you need to go."
~Natalie Goldberg


I'm hanging onto this quote right now. I'm feeling the need to have the peace and comfort of her words enfold me, bolster me. There are moments in my life when I feel like I'm actively working to follow what I love. Sometimes I just turn on "auto pilot." Following what you love is a hard thing to do. When you realize that your job isn't taking you where you want to go, or your business is in a slump, or a friendship has taken too much without giving back. All of these things make it hard to work up the energy to refocus on what you love. What I love to do, be, see, surround myself with.

I realize that this is a process, a journey. And I also realize that it will always be a journey. I'm trying to be patient with myself, and patient with the world around me.

I'm off to go make my third cup of Lady Grey tea with honey, and look through a few more blogs before I settle into my list of "things to do today!" Maybe in a later post I'll start writing about the things that I love and start dreaming where I'd like to go! Till then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sending you positive energy, Julia. Keep going towards what you love, that is what is important!

From,

Susie

Unknown said...

much love, lady. you'll get there. keep your chin up.

xo court